There are many excellent websites available for you to browse. Below are a few that we recommend:
Online Networking and Support Groups
ALS Awareness, Community, Support
- MDA/ALS Magazine Online - has a wealth of informative articles for the ALS community.
- World Federation of Neurology Research Group on Motor Neuron Diseases/Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis - provides a listing of ALS clinics by country as well as worldwide research and medical efforts.
- Ride for Life - "Our mission is to public awareness of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), help research in finding a cure, support ALS patients and their families, and provide the ALS community with the latest ALS related news and information."
- The ALS Residence Initiative - is an affiliation of pALS, advocates for pALS, and visionary leaders of the nursing home industry. It seeks to inspire mission driven non-profit nursing homes to build homes for people with ALS (pALS) that are residential and provide 24-hour skilled care that is as compassionate and consistent as your own family.
- Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs Program - Medicare beneficiaries can qualify for this program if they have limited resources and income, and reside in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- NeedyMeds - educates and empowers those seeking affordable healthcare.
- Medicare.gov/Home Health Compare - provides information on comparing homecare agencies.
Dexterity and Mobility Aids
- Advantage Mobility Outfitters in Wayne provide sales and service of new and used vehicles with modifications, such as wheelchair and scooter lifts, hand controls, raised roofs and doors, and more:
- Assistive Technology (AT) XChange - People in Michigan who want to buy or sell items that
are used by people with disabilities. Speech devices, Daily Living Aids, Vehicle Modification and Transportation:
- Creative Controls, Inc. in Madison Heights, Michigan is dedicated to empowering the differently abled community through their expansive line of mobility products. These include hand controls, occupant and wheelchair securement systems, scooter and wheelchair lifts, custom outfitted Sprinter vans, and more.
- MobilityWorks is a national chain of wheelchair accessible van providers with two locations in Michigan, including Madison Heights and Saginaw. They serve the disabled community with wheelchair accessible minivans, full-size vans with lifts and commercial fleet vehicles.
- Gresham Driving Aids in Wixom, Kalamazoo, and Saginaw, Michigan has been providing mobility solutions and new and used wheelchair vans for over 50 years. Their main focus is on a mobile and fulfilling life for the physically challenged.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke - the mission of NINDS is to reduce the burden of neurological disease - a burden borne by every age group, by every segment of society, by people all over the world.
- The Northeast Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Consortium (NEALS) - translating research advances rapidly into clinical trials for patients with ALS.
- The Robert Packard Center for ALS Research at Johns Hopkins - The Packard Center for ALS Research at Johns Hopkins enables the world's best ALS scientists to collaborate and access funding so that they may continue work to rapidly develop new treatments and find a cure for ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
- ALS News Today - is a daily digital news journal that seeks to give ALS patients and their support systems access to the latest science and research news pertaining to the disease.
- Find numerous links to federal and state health programs:
- This site helps parents explain illnesses and injuries to their young ones: